Similarities and Differences between FR-4 Epoxy Board and 3240 Epoxy Board
FR-4 epoxy board is a kind of high-strength fiberboard with a short history of use. It is a new material with the development of the electronic industry. 3240 epoxy board is a kind of epoxy phenolic glass cloth laminate, which has a long history of use.
FR-4 epoxy board and 3240 epoxy board can be said to be the PK between a group of environmental protection products. 3240 epoxy board is a traditional product with a long use history. Its processing performance may not be so good, and it will produce dust harmful to human body in the production process. FR-4 epoxy board is very environmental protection first, and there will be no stratification in the production process. The following editor will introduce the differences between the two products in many aspects.
First of all, we distinguish FR-4 epoxy board from 3240 epoxy board by definition
The FR-4 epoxy board has the distinction between halogen-free and halogen-free. The halogen-free FR-4 is hot pressed. The base material includes glass fiber cloth and halogen-free epoxy resin. It is a hard board insulating material made of imported electronic alkali-free glass fiber cloth soaked with epoxy resin and hot pressed. It has better mechanical strength, heat resistance and other properties. The 3240 epoxy board is made of electrical grade non alkali glass fiber cloth soaked with epoxy resin and phenol resin and processed by hot pressing.
Secondly, we briefly describe the product characteristics of FR-4 epoxy board and 3240 epoxy board
The mechanical properties of FR-4 epoxy board products are good; excellent low water absorption (water absorption is almost 0: after soaking for 24 hours, the water absorption is only 0.09 %); good insulation strength, chemical resistance, radiation resistance and thermal shock resistance; good tensile strength, flexural strength and low temperature adaptability; good electrical performance and small loss of electrical performance in high humidity or dry environment, and fire resistance and heat resistance. The 3240 epoxy board has certain electrical insulation performance.
Furthermore, the product color of FR-4 epoxy board and 3240 epoxy board can be distinguished
The color of FR-4 epoxy board is natural yellow (the color of pure epoxy resin); after thermosetting, there will be some differences in color according to the different time of discharging, which does not affect the product performance. Two 3240 epoxy board is generally yellow.
Next, we describe the characteristics of FR-4 epoxy board and 3240 epoxy board:
FR-4 epoxy board is a kind of high-strength fiberboard with a short history of use. It is a new material with the development of the electronic industry. 3240 epoxy board is a kind of epoxy phenolic glass cloth laminate, which has a long history of use. From the comprehensive analysis of the two, we can describe the difference between the two:
1. The breakdown voltage and vertical electrical strength of 3240 epoxy board based on epoxy phenolic glass cloth laminate are low, and the insulation resistance is relatively small after immersion, but the strength is slightly low.
2. When the 3240 epoxy plate is processed into insulating fixed parts, especially the workpiece with complex shape, the processing surface is not handled properly, which is easy to absorb moisture and produce stratification phenomenon, resulting in low parallel layer to voltage resistance and affecting product quality. When FR-4 epoxy plate is processed into insulating fixed parts, the processing surface is flat, which is not easy to produce stratification phenomenon, and the product quality is stable.
3. FR-4 epoxy plate has heat resistance, continuous working temperature (in air) 150 ° C, and flame retardant, UL 94vo grade.
4. The fire resistance of 3240 epoxy board is very low, which can not reach UL 94vo level
5. The thickness tolerance of 3240 epoxy plate is relatively large, so it is not applicable to products with high electronic level requirements
6. The price of 3240 epoxy board is superior to that of FR-4 epoxy board.
In the end, it should be noted that FR-4 epoxy board products are in line with ROHS environmental protection requirements, and now they are all pursuing a kind of green and environmental protection development. Therefore, a large number of businesses generally choose FR-4 epoxy board; 3240 epoxy board will produce layering and powder in the production process, layering is not conducive to the reprocessing and use of products, and the powder will also cause certain harm to human body. Now many manufacturers are Instead of producing this product, we have turned to FR-4, an environmentally friendly product. The breakdown voltage of epoxy resin used for FR4 is in the range of 30KV / mm.